A Week in Reflection #2 - Asim Siddiq


This week was odd to say the very least. Everything seemed off because of labor day. I find myself stuck in this constant struggle to find a consistent routine. I am certain that this is the worst my sleeping schedule has been in my entire life. Thursday brought new challenges this week as we began to play Diplomatic Risk. Being more of a video game guy, I have never played risk before. The rules and game board were all foreign to me. Before class, I watched a couple of Youtube videos but ultimately decided the best way to learn is to play and to watch others. I spent the beginning of class listening closely to the rules and the latter watching the moves of my opponents. I find the game to be very interesting. The strategic element mixed with a hint of luck makes for a plethora of different outcomes! The addition of the separate tasks also increases the stakes of the game. I look forward to taking on this next week, rested and ready to go. Also, the risk game has been on my mind ever since we left class on Thursday. I am quite excited to see what my teammates and I can accomplish together! Go Blue Team!

Comments