A Week in Reflection #3 - Asim Siddiq


I believe this week has been a great learning experience for me. Being swamped with work, I had to learn how to manage my time accordingly. Although I believe I did not do the best job, it is best to learn from your mistakes! I look forward to applying my new crafted time managing skills next week!

This week also brought exciting challenges. Frankly, the diplomatic risk game made me think much more then I thought it would. I enjoyed the tactical thinking and strategic play. My role in the game was unique. Playing as the public for the hegemon presented a different task. I had to find a way to help my team maintain dominance while hoarding currency. I chose to take a non-conventional method to reach my ends. Instead of not giving out money, I decided to invest in my army in the hope that our dominance would reward me at the end of each round. My strategy was working until I was met by the sly secret power of the red team. Crippling our armies and the public's funds, the red team put a stop to my master plan. In hindsight, I still think I would have used the same strategy. The game is ultimately called "risk," and to win big one must always take a risk. I look forward to playing again! This time I will be prepared and ready to conquer.

Comments