Reflection: Week Two - avq

Reflection: Week Two

           Unlike last week, I did not start my week with PTJ’s class. Since it was Labor Day, I decided to go grocery shopping. Then Thursday rolled around. I can admittedly say that I was excited about the class. In the following couple of classes, my classmates and I will be at war. Let me explain; currently, my class is playing a board game called « Risk.» However, this game is modified. Instead of acquiring the globe, each team has their objectives. For instance, the Pink team would need to control the Americas before Orange team acquires all of the cities. However, it is far more complicated than that. I previously did not know this game existed, but not I am very invested. In my opinion, Risk reminds me of Monopoly. In my version, each person receives an equal amount of property, and if there are pairs or triples, then you are allowed to buy houses/hotels.
           Similarly enough, it is the same in Risk. When it is your turn, you are allowed to buy more troops or attack other territories. Another similarity is that deep down, apart from strategically moving and making smart decisions, it comes down to luck. Since both games rely on dice, it could either favor you or not. For example, if my pawn is on Marvin Gardens and all three green territories (Pacific Avenue, North Carolina Avenue, and Pennsylvania Avenue), have hotels, I cannot tell the dice to be bais and work in my favor. It is the same when two people/teams are in battle. The dice will decide who wins, not the player. I cannot wait to see how this game will either unite people or tear friendships apart. However, what I can say is that you should beware. Yellow team is coming for the W.

Comments