A Week in Reflection #7 - Asim Siddiq


It is crazy that this is already the halfway mark. Time has gone by so fast, but at the same time, so slow. I find myself in a perpetual routine, and I like it. With fall break rapidly approaching and a lot of friends headed home, I can't help but to want to do the same. I miss home. I miss the food. I miss driving. I miss my family. Above all, I miss my doggy. As much as I would love this place to be just like home, it only cannot be. Counting the days till Thanksgiving.........

Class this week was eventful, to say the least. My favorite part by far was the "alien simulation." Throwing people with contrasting views in a crisis will almost produce the butting of heads. Personally, I love that. I love how the urgency of the situation brings out the best in people. I think activities like the "alien simulation" can help every student get a better understanding of their personal views. By allowing an individual to realize what their first instincts are, crises are very telling on what kind of views someone posses. I look forward to doing similar exercises in the future.

Comments