A Week in Reflection #8 - Asim Siddiq


One simple word can describe my week - Midterms. This week was flushed with work, work, and more work. I often found myself really wondering why I decided to do this whole college thing again. However, I believe I came out on top. I finished all my assignments with satisfaction, and think I put my best foot forward. If college has taught me anything so far, it has been that life is a learning process. You have to fail to learn how to find success.

Class this week, in a nutshell, interested me a lot. The whole idea of a "double-consciousness" had me perplexed. Having read some of DuBois's work before, I never had the chance to focus on this concept. The double-consciousness provides a unique lens to view society. I love how PTJ mixed things up this week, handing the sword to a student. It will be interesting to see how this dynamic develops in the future and if it can potentially again produce positive discourse.

Comments