Reflection: Week 8 - avq

Reflection: Week 8


 Oh boy, where do I start? Well, this week marks the middle of the semester, which means that I am halfway through my first semester in college! Also, on top of that, our World Politics analytical essay was due this past Friday. It was an eventful week for sure. Since I mentioned that we are in the halfway mark, let me recap the last seven weeks.
 I started the semester arriving AU very anxious and excited. I did not know what to expect or feel, but I was ready for anything. I was thrilled to finally meet the cohort since the only interaction that we had was via social media. I got along well with everyone. Our first assignment was reading The Truth of Awiti. I remember sitting outside of McKinley, and I could not believe that I was finally living in DC. To this day, I still forget! Anyways, the first day rolled around, and that morning I dropped Moral Philosophy and picked up Creative Coding (which was by far one of the best decisions that I made here). I enjoyed my first week of classes. At first, I was scared, but that fear dissipated throughout the weeks.
 I wish I could go through every week and explicitly described what happened; however, at some point in the semester, I lost track of time. Once you are assigned homework and projects, personally, the only thing that matters is when is it due. However, here are the highlights of my semester so far:
-Playing Diplomatic Risk in PTJ’s class and being the sole diplomat, treasure, and leader of the yellow team. I learned that it is easier to gain allies when there is a common enemy.
-Becoming close to new people and creating fun, new memories with them.
-Realizing that I have a genuine interest in coding.
-Learning to cook with different people on my floor.
-And most importantly, feeling blessed being here and having the opportunity to overcome the challenges that I have faced.
 I realized that you could not plan for anything in college because there is something new every week. I currently live a few days at a time because if I look too far into the future, I get frantic and begin fretting about it. However, to mitigate this, I have a planner where I can include everything that will be due for the following weeks. Every Sunday night, I review my week, and I analysis how I should tackle the week. Of course, I will try and be as flexible as possible. 
 Overall, I am thriving here in college. I love being at AU and DC. I do not know what I would have done if I did not come here.

Comments