Reflection: Week of 9/30-10/5

I have ideas until I don't

           This is blog post draft number 4. It's literally just my reflection so it shouldn't be that hard to write- reflection posts are always easier than the substantive ones. But this week I had so many ideas floating around in my head, especially during our class discussions, that I just can't seem to formulate.
           I've been trying to talk in class more, but that's kind of difficult to do when I can't form a sentence. My ideas just kind of float around my head like little marshmallows in hot chocolate. Maybe it's because there's so much new stuff around me all the time, and I'm still working to fully understand my ideas and opinions. Still, I wish I could speak my ideas because Global Scholars is probably the best group of people to bounce them off of.
           What I wanted to talk about in class (and in my failed blog post attempt) has to do with sovereignty. We brought up climate change in class and thought about how that applies to realism or liberalism since it sort of transcends sovereignty and borders. Ultimately, we decided that states have some differences when it comes to climate change because of how they feel the effects (ie an island state versus a landlocked state). But one thing that I thought about that also transcends sovereignty is the internet.
           Our blog question this week was about social media, which I think is what got me thinking. Yes, Internet servers are physical things that exist within a country, and our electronic devices are obviously somewhere within a country, but we all know that the Internet is global and sort of indifferent to boundaries. I think my idea had something to do with cybercrime or cyberterrorism, and how that plays into the whole aspect of national sovereignty and border protection, etc. But alas, I have once again forgotten my ideas. I don't even have a question to pose or a stance on this broad issue. The marshmallows just keep floating.
           One of these days I'll be able to communicate.

Comments