Reflection - Week 13 - avq

Reflection - Week 13

                                                 International Relations is like a grocery store. 

My friends and I went to Giants today. It only took us three hours to get everything we need for the week (mind you, I leave Tuesday night lol). I personally love to go grocery shopping since it makes me feel like an adult--also doing laundry, cooking, and cleaning my room…strange huh. I love the fact that I am independent, and that excites me. Today, I intended to solely purchase two pomegranates. I came out with that, pasta, butter, sauce, eggs, etc. Not to mention that last week I also bought a blender, a can opener, tongs, and silverware. If you cannot see a trend here, I absolutely love to purchase kitchen related stuff. However, every time that I shop, I compare prices.

I always consider the “unit price.” Because that is very important! Why should I pay more for something that is the same quality but a different brand?? Now, let me throw something out there: international relations is like a grocery store. Consider this: let’s say that the customer is the United States. The United States has a specific budget on groceries. These Giants offer a wide variety of food ranging from organic to Hispanic to Asian to cajun to classic. Let’s assume that the United States only wants to buy what will be beneficial to them. As I mentioned above, when I go to the store, I compare prices of different brands. Is that not what the United States sometimes do? Compare the value of one country to another? Which country would help the United States more with minimal cost? Not to mention that I have noticed that according to each administration, they consider individual nations over another — such as considering one brand over the other. Of course, there are many options, however, which is the best one? The United States can take the “healthy” route or the “bad-diet-college-diet” route. Either or, everything goes in and comes out at a later time. It all depends on what the United States believes is the best for them. Once it is time to check out, the United States can either stop and look at its cart and say, “do I need this, or do I want this?” OR does the United States report, “screw it, I’ll get all of this!”? I believe that depending on the circumstances, and budget, the Untied States would get what is necessary for them. 


This is all a thought that I had during my “run” to Giants. I may be wrong, but this thought came to mind as I was browsing. If anyone reads this, please feel free to leave your comments/opinions on my “realization!”

Comments