Reflection: Week of 11/18-11/23

           I don't have a lot to reflect on this week because I didn't do a lot besides homework, but college can't be 100% fun all the time. However, during my little free time, I found myself either talking to my brothers or about my brothers. I thought I wouldn't miss them, though there are definitely times I'm happy to have space from them, but they're my best friends and I've spent 18 years with them. I'm really looking forward to going home. As happy as I am here with my classes, professors, and amazing friends, there is, of course, something special about home. I miss my mom's cooking, my brothers' jokes, and my puppies' kisses.
           This week, I facetimed my brothers for three hours (when I probably should have been working on my essay). We talked about nothing and everything. I just hope we didn't exhaust all of our conversations too soon since I'll be home for four days. On Thursday night, I called my little brother in a panic because I was cooking for the kids I babysit and I didn't know how to season potatoes. Honestly, it was impressive enough that I knew how to cook potatoes. At some point in between classes this week, I stopped by a booth on the quad instead of getting lunch. I ended up buying a Christmas present for my oldest brother, though he probably knows what it is since I had to ask some oddly specific and random questions.
          I know none of this really relates to World Politics, but it's just about all I can think about. I'm really enjoying my time here at AU, and I feel like I have a lot of supportive friends, but they're not the same as my family. Missing them makes me feel like a little kid, but I think there are worse things that could make me childish.

Comments