Reflection 11/24-11/30


"Summer's Gone" by NoMBe

I feel that writing a reflection now is jumping the gun because my pattern in the past has been that I’ve written my reflection at the very end of my week in order to actually reflect, but it’s good to change things up. Basically everyone has left for Thanksgiving break and it’s eerily silent in the dorm halls which was a huge turn of events since just Monday I went to a concert and had people screaming in my ears till midnight. So, I have this inexplicable urge to play “Forever Alone” while running down the halls at an ungodly hour. We’ll see if I have the strength to control myself.

I’m currently writing my reflection in the little indoor garden thing at the SAAM (look at me with my fancy DC-local abbreviations) after having gone to visit the holiday market, and I am in a very good mood since I finished my holiday shopping there. Plus, I made tortillas for ym for lunch and she called me her personal chef and that was very cute. It really is the small things in life that make your day better.

The only time that I’ve experienced “Thanksgiving dinner” was when I was in India last year and all the neighbours and extended family came and visited my grandparents house for dinner and to see me and my mom last year. It was a huge family gathering. After that, my uncle took me down to the street food stalls, and I ate bhel puri, pani puri, and GOBI MANCHURI (aka the love of my life) to my heart’s content. Street food always tastes better on the street. I’ll hold that memory very close to my heart.

I don’t have much to say about class this week since there was only one class this week, but I’ve been comparing our curriculum with the normal world politics classes’ curriculum, and woah there are most definitely some differences. I’m incredibly thankful for them. I love the books we’re reading in class and even consider The Truth About Awiti to be my favorite book of all time. So, I’m really sad that we’re nearing the end of The Conquest of America. I saw on the syllabus that we have a second analytical essay coming up, and I hope that it’s about The Conquest. Additionally, I’m a bit confused about the simulation, but, same as last time, I think it’s going to work out well when we actually start the simulation. :)

Side note: I’ve been told that my reflections sound a bit “Dear Diary” at times, and, yeah, now I see it.

Comments